Fairhaven is on the A 894, the main road from the south to Durness. When travelling from the south, once you reach Unapool you will see the Rock Stop Café at the roadside, on your right hand side. Fairhaven is a further 200 yards on the right.
When travelling from the north, once you cross the Kylesku Bridge, cross the cattle grid and then Fairhaven is the third turn off on the left.
House is signposted - see house sign here..
There is ample parking at the house.
The following map shows the most direct route to Fairhaven from Inverness. Directions (via Ullapool) are given under the map. There is a print-out feature on this page if you would like to print directions.( click on wheel - top right )
From Inverness (via A835)
- From Kessock Bridge Continue to Ullapool 1 h 8 min (55.6 mi) Head southeast on Kessock Bridge/A9
- Continue to follow A9 (0.7 mi)
- At the roundabout, take the 4th exit and stay on A9
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A835 (5.2 mi)
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on A835 (43.7 mi)
- Arrive at Ullapool
- Turn right onto Mill St/A835 Continue to follow A835 (17.3 mi)
- Turn left onto Ledmore Jct/A837 Continue to follow A837 (8.1 mi)
- Turn right onto A894 (6.4 mi)
- Turn right Destination will be on the left (89 ft)
- 373 Unapool, Kylesku, Lairg IV27 4HW, UK
- (Total Travelling time : 1 h 45 min (85 miles)